Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Manager / Limited Access Question

Tuned Listener

Record Manager / Limited Access Question

Hello

I am using Act! 2011 Premium and am just now getting ready to move my staff over from 6.0.

I have 5 sales and 4 support staff that will be using the program. 3 sales staff will primarily use thier desktops and 2 will primarily use laptops.

Our customers/prospects (Companies) usually have multiple people within the the company that they communicate with (Contacts).

I want to be able to "assign" the Comany and related contacts to an individual salesperson and prevent the other sales staff from seeing the information and I would assume be able to make sure that the laptop users can take a copy of my entire database (25 years worth of relationships).

I believe I have to set the access to "Limited" do this. Am I correct? Then can I assign "Teams" that can view the Company/Contact?

Is this done through "Assigning" the Companies/Contacts or by changing the "Record Manager" for the Companies/Contacts?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Record Manager / Limited Access Question

Hello chemsales.
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You would first assign the users to Team, by going to Tools > Manage Teams, create the Teams and add the appropriate users. You would then go to each Company record, go to Company Access tab, choose Limited Access, click Select Users/Teams, and assign the desired teams to that Company record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Record Manager / Limited Access Question

Thanks Greig,

I am working through tagging them now.