Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommendations: ACT client + Outlook integration (roaming laptop)

Copper Contributor

Recommendations: ACT client + Outlook integration (roaming laptop)

Hello,

I want to install the full Act client on a users laptop, but have them use Outlook integration when in and out the office. The database is shared from an in-house server and therefore the Outlook integration points to \\server\database, which obviously ins't available when out of the office.

The user understands they cannot use Act when out of the office unless they VPN in.

However, because Outlook is used very frequently - they get errors launching Outlook when out of office as the UNC path is not contactable. What are the (non-VPN) options?

I could solve this if I install Outlook (for web) Integration, but understand this is incompatible with the full client. 

Is there a way around this? can I edit the PAD file and point it to the APFW URL?

We could use database Sync, but would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Recommendations: ACT client + Outlook integration (roaming laptop)

Please could you let us have both the ACT version number and the Outlook version number so we can best advise you.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act v18, Outlook 2010.

Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you had not put in Not wanting to use the remote database sync option I would be recommending this way forward as solves all the problems in one go.

You could simply turn off the ACT link option when out of the office via the setup wizard but practically I can see this creating more issues.