Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Receiving meeting invite in Outlook adds ACT appointment (And I don't want it to)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Receiving meeting invite in Outlook adds ACT appointment (And I don't want it to)

[ Edited ]
Hi, 

(I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I haven't found the answer in a search of the boards)

We've recently upgraded to ACT! Premium 2011 (Version 13.1.111.0)

Most of our users are mobile, and are running the ACT application and synchronizing remote databases.

A few of our users are accessing through APFW.

We want to capture emails sent from Outlook into a contact's history, but we don't want the calendars to integrate.  Thus, we've added the ACT address book to Outlook, and unchecked calendar and contact synchronization in the Outlook Synchronization Preferences tray applet.

ACT is correctly recording outgoing messages from Outlook.

But when the user receives a meeting invitation in Outlook, an ACT calendar item pops open.

Any ideas on how to turn this off?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshm
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Receiving meeting invite in Outlook adds ACT appointment (And I don't want it to)

In the email setup wizard (Tools | Preferences), the option to change is on step 7.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshm
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Receiving meeting invite in Outlook adds ACT appointment (And I don't want it to)

In the email setup wizard (Tools | Preferences), the option to change is on step 7.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Thanks!

That's what I get for not reading the defaults.

-Josh