Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Receive an error When trying to login to Act From a web page

Receive an error When trying to login to Act From a web page

Act for web was working fine and all of a sudden when I try to login from a web page , it says there was an error and it has been logged. The log shows this error, "error occured on pageAct.Web.Framework Message:Unexpected session state encountered. Either the session was empty  or the ACT! Framework could not be accessed." I have tried to reset IIS. IT still will not login. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Receive an error When trying to login to Act From a web page

[ Edited ]

Log File

SOURCE: Act.Web.Framework

MESSAGE: Unexpected session state encountered. Either the session was empty  or the ACT! Framework could not be accessed.

FORM: 

QUERYSTRING: 

TARGETSITE: Void HandleBadSession()

STACKTRACE:    at Act.Web.Framework.Page.HandleBadSession()

at Act.Web.Framework.Page.ValidateSession()

at Act.Web.Framework.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at Act.Web.Home.HomeShell.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Message Edited by ghamilton on 03-18-2010 09:25 AM
Loyal Listener

[ Edited ]

I've been experiencing the same thing. Anybody have anything on this?

I'm on:

APFW 2009

Windows Server 2003

SQL Server 2005

Message Edited by IT_Services on 05-03-2010 11:45 AM
Champion Listener

I face the same issue,

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks,

Cin

Platinum Super Contributor

Since you are attempting to access through a web page, we have to assume that you were able to successfully add an Act! database through the ACT! Web Administration option. The next test is to see if you can access the database through IIS locally.

To do this: Open Computer Management screen and expand IIS > Web Sites > Default Web Site > right click on APFW and select Browse. Are you able to access the database or does it give the same error?
Greg Martin
Sage

I am having the same error and it has been going on for a long time.

We have two databases that we are trying to access via the web.  One works fine, the other lets you log in, the main screen flashes for a second then I get the screen below:

Act Login Screen

I did as you suggested and opened the site from IIS, but I received the same error.  I have no trouble opening our second database.

Some of the errors I am getting on the server are shown below, the bottom one is the first and there are many more:

0:Error occured on page: Common Message:Common error: Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityMetaDataArgumentException: Invalid column name: USER10

Parameter name: realName
   at Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityMetaData.GetTableColumnFromParts(String tableName, String columnName, Table& table, Column& column, Boolean isReal, Boolean checkIsDisplayed)
   at Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityMetaData.CreateFieldDescriptor(String fullName, Boolean isReal)
   at Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactMetaData.CreateContactFieldDescriptor(String fullName, Boolean isReal)
   at Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactManager.GetMutableEntityFieldDescriptor(String name, Boolean isReal)
   at Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityManager.GetFieldDescriptor(String name, Boolean isReal)
   at Act.Web.Framework.Core.Common.GetDescriptorFromLayoutString(String binaryString, SessionManager sessionManager, String type)

0:Error occured on page: Default MessageSmiley Very Happyefault error: Act.Shared.Config.MissingValueException: The value ALLOW_FILE_ATTACHMENTS <SYNC: 2010-10-20T16:16:24> does not exist in the key PREFERENCES
   at Act.Shared.Config.Key.GetValue(String name)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.GetIValue(String name)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.SetStringValue(String name, String stringValue, Boolean DB)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.RetrieveDBPreferences()
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.InitializePreferences()
   at Act.Framework.ActFramework.set_PreferenceStorageProvider(IPreferenceStorageProvider value)
   at Act.Web.Framework.SecureCaller.SetPrefStorageProvider(ActFramework framework)
   at Act.Web.loginPage.setupWebPrefs(Object sender, ConnectionEventArgs e)

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Act.Shared.Config.MissingValueException: The value ALLOW_FILE_ATTACHMENTS <SYNC: 2010-10-20T16:16:24> does not exist in the key PREFERENCES
   at Act.Shared.Config.Key.GetValue(String name)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.GetIValue(String name)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.SetStringValue(String name, String stringValue, Boolean DB)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.RetrieveDBPreferences()
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.InitializePreferences()
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.ActFramework_Connect(Object sender, ConnectionEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Act.Shared.Utilities.WeakMulticastDelegate.InvokeSafe(Object[] args)
from Act.Framework.ActFramework.OnConnect() in :line 0

So, at them moment we do not have web access to our sales website and I need to get this fixed.

Thanks for your help.