Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Real Estate Help: Contact's with multiple properties

Real Estate Help: Contact's with multiple properties

I am having some trouble figuring out the best way to start a new database; I work in Real Estate and have a lot of contacts who own multiple properties, and it is imperative be able to access this information from the Groups or Relationships fields.

I was reading a previous post where someone mentioned importing each property by itself, then connecting them via the relationships option.  This started off well (mainly because I can see the properties easily without having to create a group) but when I imported all of my contacts today (I have an excel spreadsheet with 830 properties, 380 are properties that belong to only one owner and 450 that have owners who own other property, in my spreadsheet) Only 1 property came through on the import leaving me with 510 or so total contacts when I really need the 830. 

Is there an easier way to go about this? Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- my main focus is just being able to easily access the contacts properties (for when I am on the phone and can see what other real estate they own) 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Real Estate Help: Contact's with multiple properties

Your best bet is to use a custom table pulgin like Topline Designer or Durkin Action Suite. That way you have direct one-to-many relationship between the contact and the properties.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Master Commentator

Re: Real Estate Help: Contact's with multiple properties

Task Plans for Opportunities... I think that would do it - make a push, I could use the same thing.