Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: tabs

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

We have concluded that the following tabs are not critical/useful to our application of ACT:

• Relationships
  • Web Info
  • Personal Info
  • Contact Access
  • Marketing Results

Can these be deleted/removed without harming basic functionality of the tool?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sbangerter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

You can remove the Web Info tab too..

While in the Layout Designer, select the web info tab and then right click on it and select "remove".  This will delete it for good from the layout, so be sure that you have a backup version of that layout file before doing so.

The Marketing results tab is part of the ACTSPE2005.dll in \plugins under the Act! installation folder...

It could be renamed so it won't load, but this will remove all of the ACT! E-marketing functions - and I do not know what else it may do...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Not sure about Web info... I think that's a DLL.
Marketing Results is part of eMarketing
Other tabs can be removed as below... but I'd suggest keeping Contact Access

1. From the main menu at the top of ACT!, click Tools, then Design Layouts, then choose Contact. The Layout Designer will open and display your current Contact layout.
2. Go to menu at the top of the Layout Designer and click Edit, then Tabs. The Edit Tabs dialog box will appear.
3. You can hide of add the tabs
You can then remove those tabs... you can add any fields you want from those tabs to the ones you're keeping.

Solution
Accepted by topic author sbangerter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

You can remove the Web Info tab too..

While in the Layout Designer, select the web info tab and then right click on it and select "remove".  This will delete it for good from the layout, so be sure that you have a backup version of that layout file before doing so.

The Marketing results tab is part of the ACTSPE2005.dll in \plugins under the Act! installation folder...

It could be renamed so it won't load, but this will remove all of the ACT! E-marketing functions - and I do not know what else it may do...