01-25-2017 01:21 PM
Running Windows 7 Enterprise on all PCs. Upgraded from ACT 18 Premium to 19 Premium.
Everything seems to work, but I noticed that although the sync between my main database PC and the remote database on a laptop was completing, the data changed on the remote was no longer syncing to the main database. I only use FULL SYNC sets so all data should always match.
To correct the issue quickly I did a search of all the changed records on the remote database, changed them manually on the main database, deleted the remote database, re-created the Remote Database file from the main database and restored it on the laptop. Then sync between the two machines/databases worked again.
My question is was I supposed to re-create all the remote databases as part of the update? I shouldn't expect the existing remote database to work properly after an ACT version upgrade? Would like to know for future.
01-26-2017 12:50 AM
They should have continued to sync.
Very interested to hear from anyone else who has upgraded with syncing remotes to see if this is an issue or an isolated problem as I have a large upgrade pending for a client.
01-26-2017 03:14 AM
01-26-2017 06:22 AM
I most definitely did do a sync RIGHT before the upgrade, as well as backups of both main and remote databases, and Database Maintenance (compress/reindex) was performed on each before the backups. I always do those things are precautions to try to have the most successful results with upgrades.
The Network Sync Service on the main database PC (my Windows 7 "server" PC) was also updated at the same time as the ACT installation. The ACT Network Sync Service is reporting that it is currently version 184.108.40.206 so hopefully that verifies for you that it too was upgraded.
01-27-2017 06:34 AM
As this is now working with the new remote it may now be difficult to fault find what went wrong unless of course you still have an old remote database as well that has not been recreated.
02-02-2017 07:54 AM - edited 02-02-2017 08:00 AM
Gary - no errors on the sync after upgrade. I should have noticed sooner that the sync was completing but showing no changes. A couple days later I noticed entries I had made on the laptop (remote database) were not in the main database and that's when I realized that nothing had actually synced since the V19 upgrade.
As for the Sync Log - I forgot to check it when I first noticed the issue. Checking it now on the laptop, the log only dates back to January 25th when I recreated the remote database and got it working again. I'm sorry, but I didn't have time to wait and had to proceed with getting my database syncing again as I outlined earlier. I also didn't want to put off creating my own workaround/fix while I only had a handful of modified records since the upgrade.