Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Restore DB ACT! 2013 - No Admin Password - SOLVED

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a new customer that has a backup of their ACT DB. They were using a hosted version of ACT and no longer have contact with the vendor. I tried restoring the DB to the new version we put on her new server but her ID must not have to correct privileges as I get a popup that states You do not have the authority to restore the database.

Is there anyway around this?

I am using File / Restore Database / Restore As...

Re: Restore DB ACT! 2013 - No Admin Password

Sounds like the user doesn't have apporpriate security role in Act! to restore the database.  You can extract the BAK file from the ZIP file and use actdiag to restore the BAK.  You can then try different user names and passwords to get access to the database.  If you still cannot access the database you will need to go through our Login Disclose service to retrieve the user name and/or reset password.

http://act.com/support/database-services/login-disclosure/

Copper Contributor

Thank you very much. I will give that a try. I am hoping her ID will have neough rights to see it once I restore as youve suggested.

Copper Contributor

OK, I managed to get passed the previous issue by contacting the vendor directly. They supplied me with a new DB with my client as the administrator and I went through the same process to restore the DB. I recieved the below laundry list of errors. I searched the Knowledgebase for the column in question and it came up empty. I did find a similar issue where NULL was casuing an issue but it was based on converting a DB to the latest version and there was an executable attached to that solution but I did not want to run it as it was not an exact match.

Inserting Null into Column failed

Copper Contributor

*sigh*

My fault I guess.

Hosting company is using Act Premium and I installed Act Pro on the new server.

Never enough Due diligence I guess.

In any event he is going to save the DB in Pro format and resend and that will likely solve the issue.

The client is very small, currently only 3 users and they don't use the Web or Phone accessibility so I am hoping that once I show the differences to the client there will not be a need to upgrade to Premium.