Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Outlook Integration - cannot import Outlook appointments

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've now gotten Act back to the state where it will send messages through Outlook without the error message, and anothe problem has occurred. I am not able to import any Outllook appointments, and even though it is set to do so, Outlook invitiations do not open up Act scheduling any longer.

I've reset all of my preferences (probably for the twentieth time). What else can it be? Will Sage ever actually fix the programming of Act? Or are we expected to update the databases two or three times weekly? What's the deal with this terrible programming?

Message Edited by gmartin on 05-07-2010 01:08 PM
Platinum Super Contributor

We'll need some background information about your post:

- What version of Act! are you running?

- What version of Outlook are you running?

- Are you getting error messages?  If yes, what are they?

Many times we see these types of issues as specific to the Act! database or the Outlook profile.  Open the Act! Demo database and test with it and also create a new Outlook profile and test with it.  This article has several steps used for troubleshooting issues with the integration with Outlook and contains instructions for creating a new Outlook profile along with how to run the Outlook Diagnostics and ScanPST utility:General Outlook troubleshooting steps

Greg Martin
Sage