Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Creating mass email distribution list

We have the new version of ACT by Sage Premium and would like to see if the email distribution list can now be created in Outlook?  ACT and Outlook are supposed to be meshed in with each other now.
Would someone know the steps to accomplish this for an email blast to my contacts?
Thank you,
Brent
412-244-6389
Platinum Elite Contributor

How many contacts are you looking at sending to in a single blast?

Outlook will usually fall over somewhere between 50 - 100 emails in a blast. It's simply not a good product for this.

For less than 50, use Write | Mail Merge from ACT!

For more, I recommend you get either MergeMaster or SwiftPage to do this directly from ACT!

The "100 limit" is a major frustration for me each month. The concept of paying more money for an add-on product doesn't strike me as right. This does not appear to be a strictly "Outlook" problem in my book. When I create spreadsheets or use Access or other CSV files, I can have Word do a "merge" to outlook with hundreds of entries without issue. I believe that this is a major deficiency in ACT. It is advertised as being able to mail merge, but it never says "*up to 100 at a time".

See the points?

Thanks,

bob

Platinum Elite Contributor

Outlook has the same problem merging from BCM. Microsoft has a beta of a service like the two I mentioned above just to get around this.