Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: ACT for WEB installation issues. Which "Server Class Windows" and connecting to Outlook.

Re: ACT for WEB installation issues. Which "Server Class Windows" and connecting to Outlook.

Error when loading ACT.JPGGood Afternoon!  Our Server is currently Windows 2012 R2, We loaded ACT Premium for Web for a Windows 10 user computer, it errored saying is needed a "Server Class Windows" and we are restricted to 10 network connections.  The user during installation, ignored the error and installed anyway.  I am not sure if her problem is connected, but she can not get ACT to connect to Outlook.  We tried today to install ACT on another user that is using Windows 7, but we got the same error and cancelled the it.

So my question: is the error referring to Windows on the Server or is it referring to windows on the user computers?  And 10 connections is confusing since we only have 5 user computers using the files on the Server.  Not sure how we can be over 10.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I am a bit confused but will answer what I think you are doing.

ACT for WEB on the server is fine on Windows 2012 R2

When it comes to other ACT users you have 3 choices -

Connect via a web browser so you do not need the ACT client on the PC

Connect over a network with a desktop installation. You do not need to install ACT for WEB again but the ACT Premium version.

Remote databases syncing back to the server. Again you only need to install the Premium version.

The message you are getting is because you are installing the ACT for WEB version on the client machines, you do not need to do this and the warning is a Microsoft message about the number of concurrent connections you can have to a non-server windows version. 

Thank you, that is what I needed to know.