Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: ACT Prem 16 Import Stopped

Copper Contributor

Folks:   I have been having issues with ACT Premium V16.   The latest issue that arose today is that the "Import" Feature stopped working.   I go to File-->Import  and nothing happens.  It does not bring up any subsequent screens at all, that function simply is not working,   I have imported several lists into ACT in the past 2 weeks that I have the new version installed, so I know that it has been working.   I have reinstalled the software today and it still does not work.   Any others experienced this?   Jim 

Copper Contributor

All:    FYI.    I did call the tech support line and the personal let me thru (my 30 support expired 2 weeks ago).    I took them a while to chk out my computer and discovered that apparently Wdws7 did an update and somehow changed the permission settings for some of the ACT files.   The tech guy changed to "full Control" for certain files and then he waited patiently while I tested an import.  All working fine now.   I have been frustrated with the ACT short 30 day support policy, I think it should at least be a 60 day policy to give users plenty of time to be sure the software is working correctly.   But they made an expectations today and got me all fixed up.  I do appreciate the ACT tech folks helping solve this issue.   JimN