Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Random and Constant "Accept Incoming Sync" error for heavy users

Random and Constant "Accept Incoming Sync" error for heavy users

I am turning to the Community for help!

This issues is effecting:

Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 3 (happened in v17 and v18 also)

Remote Databases

Windows 7 and 10

We are constantly running into an issue where randomly a users database will stop syncing and start throwing the "accept incoming sync" error:

Capture 13.JPG

This obviously has nothing to do with the system settings or the hosted servers, and it happens during the fourth step in the sync process, so clearly the connection was made successfully.

Capture 12.JPG

Once this happens there is no coming back all data is typically lost between syncs. Exporting the data to a syncing database will typically break that one also. I would like to figure out what the cause of this could be, are there logs on my end I can use to gather real information about the issue. The ActDiag Sync Logs are not really helpful and the SQL logs don't seem to show me much about the syncing. 

Is this happening to other users? 

Thanks for any support.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Random and Constant "Accept Incoming Sync" error for heavy users

A common cause for failure at this point is when ACT tries to sync an attachment that it is either corrupted or has been saved with restricted access.

It can also be caused where sync from the remote is done when the machine is not on use for any other purpose and goes into energy save or sleep mode after a period of time. 

Thanks for the response!

Our attachments were an issue in the past, so we don't really allow them anymore. If I go into the attachments folder in Windows Explorer it is empty and still wont sync.

It is also definitely not an energy save mode issue. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the server can you stop the Network Sync Service from running (Assuming you are running this.) and start the ACT sync service in ACT Tools Sync - Accept incoming syncs and then try to sync the remote.

If this fails it could be the timeout settings with a link below on how to change them. Roughly how long into the sync is the failure?

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23416/~/how-to-increase-timeout-values-for-remote-synchron...

[ Edited ]

We have Act Premium Cloud. I imagine we do not have access to such files.

EDIT: 

Well I found the local files for Synchronization Time Outs, and modified them. It appears that this keeps failing at the same point though. It gets to the same point: 2 of 3180 records

This problem has occurred maybe two dozen times in the past. A database will be working one day and dead with these symptoms the next. Usually with varying amounts of records and data left to sync, but always at the Synchronizing Records and Updates phase.

Capture3.JPG

Thanks!

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know you say you do not sync attachments but this is a classic symptom of trying to sync a damaged or restricted access attachment. Is it all remotes or just one? If one are there any recent attachments added to the database?

Without going back through the thread have you also carried out all the rebuild options and repair using ACTDIAG for the database? 

Yes, 

We currently only have 12 attachments in the Database which are from over a month ago. I assume by simply removing all the items from the Attachements Folder I would be able to check to see if that was the issue?

Right now it just is affecting a single DB 

I have Rebuilt and Repaired the DB

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Administrator

Hi ThyTech,

Deleting the attachments directly in Windows explorer might not necessarily be the best solution as records of them existing will still be in the database, but will end up pointing to non-existent files.

If the 12 attachments are all within the Documents tabs on various contacts, then these can be all be deleted from the database quickly by using the Remove Old Data tool in Tools > Database Maintenance. If the attachments are attached to a history record or note, then these will have to be be removed individually from the containing record.

correct me if I am wrong, but I would imagine if the attachments were the actual problem, it would be affecting all the users, because all of our databases have synced within the last month?

I am thinking that the twelve files we have as attachments are not the culprit, or I would have a larger issue?
Bronze Elite Contributor

It would be an issue if it was created on the remote or made restricted access or corrupted on the remote and it was trying to sync it.