Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Random Contacts showing up in Companies

Random Contacts showing up in Companies

Is anyone else finding this?

I've a few companies in my Act! that seem to have random Contacts showing up. The weird thing is that these Contacts are 'linked' to other Companies yet appear within another Company.

Some of them have a theme (I have an entire Company made up of people called Fred) and some have no obvious link. But when I look at the individual contacts, there's no sign of these random Companies that they seem to be linking themselves to.

I hope this makes sense.

Any idea?!

Silver Contributor

Re: Random Contacts showing up in Companies

I"ve got a couple of ideas, but can you try and recreate the issue.?  think about how you created the contact records and try and repeat the steps.

For example creating a contact when you are looking at a company will cause that contact to link to that company. etc.

try and get it to happen again. that will let you know what is breaking.  

It is doubtful that the contacts are just linking up in the middle of the night by them selves.  

Also, so you have any syncing software (like companionlink etc) improper set up here COULD cause such behavior.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

These companies were made a while ago so I can't comment on how they were set up. However, I just tried to add a new contact to a company and it added itself to two! It's all very odd.

It's the 'all the Freds' one that stumpted me the most.

Silver Contributor

try the demo database and see if it happens there. Also what exact steps do you use to cause this. We can try on this end to duplicate hte duplicate issue.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider