Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RPC server is unavailable

Tuned Listener

RPC server is unavailable

So I think I created a custom report. I put in two items Created date and Buyer Color. The I saved it. The I went back to this report and tried to open it and I got RPC server is unavailable. Now what does this mean and how do I fix it? I have my own server. This is for act for web 2008.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: RPC server is unavailable

Is this an ACT! report or a letter template (that your are attempting to open with MS Word)?  In other words, are you attempting to open it from the Reports menu or from the Write menu?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am having the same problem - and yes, it's when I try and use a letter template.

When I try to write a template I get the following message:

The RPC Server is unavailable 

When I try to edit a template I get this message:

queryinterface for interface Word. Applicaiton failed.

This is happening more and more and often several times a day. The only thing I can do once I get this message is shut down ACT and reopen....

Tuned Listener

Who is your server with?

Don't have a server...
Tuned Listener

What ACT program are you running?

Tuned Listener

OH, I use ACT for web 2008 Premium + Act work group. I am serves 2003 based for both of these two items. What industry are you in and are you a one person show?

[ Edited ]

Having the same issue for one particular user when trying to enter a note. Starting the RPC service didn't help.

I'm running ACT 2007 Premium for workgroups 9.0 EX Edition in a terminal server environment.