Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RDB has not the same size than the main database.

db
Copper Contributor

RDB has not the same size than the main database.

We have Act! 2008 Premium with SQL express. The size of the main database is greater than 5 Giga.

When we are doing a RDB, the number of the attachments are not the same than the number of attachments of the main database. But we have the good configuration ( all attachments to rebuild the RDB) and the users are administrator.

Do you have any explication?

many thanks 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: RDB has not the same size than the main database.

The size of the ADF is > 5GB?  SQL Express only supports up to 4GB (database only, not attachments)

ACT! 2008 also had issues if the total compressed version of ZIP (for backups) or RDB (for sync) exceeded 4GB - this was partially fixed in 10.0.3

You might chack in Help | About and, if earlier than 10.03 with Hotfix 3, you should update to 10.03 and apply HF3. If you do this, you need to update ALL users and the sync server.

If it's the database over 4GB, you should look at upgrading SQL to SQL Standard.

db
Copper Contributor

Its not the ADF, its the attachments > 4 Giga. It's so not a problem with SQL express?

But how is possible  that the RDB (attachements) has not the same size(attachments) as the main database?

many thanks 

db
Copper Contributor

I will see monday ... and i will come back to say what. many thanks, and happy new year!
db
Copper Contributor

Re: the attachments of the RDB has not the same size than the main database.

so, i have installed the evrsion 10.0.3.182 hotfix3, but i have always the same problem. When  I do a RDB, the size of the attachments are not the same of the main DB. But this user is administrator and has all the rights.

I have tried to put this DB in version act! 12.0.4, hotfix 4, and i have the same problem.

Why?

many thanks for your help 

Bronze Elite Contributor

What is your sync set? If you are not creating remotes for all users, you will not include private attachments. Administrators do not have access to other users private attachments. 
db
Copper Contributor

they are not private attachments.

I have done a new remote DB in act! 12 premium hotfix 4, and i have exactly the same problem.

Can you help me?

thanks

Can you try, as a test, creating an RDB with ALL users?

Can you identify a specific attachment that is missing on the remote... then see if you can find the record it's linked to?

It may be you have some attachments no-longer linked to the database?

Bronze Elite Contributor

It can also be for limited access contacts. What is your sync set? Is it all contacts and all users? If not you should expect a smaller subset of data.