Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quotation Marks - How to remove them when data drops into General History

Quotation Marks - How to remove them when data drops into General History

We recently upgraded from ACT 6.0 to ACT 2012 and for our company's use I need to configure certain fields that drop into the  History tab so that they don't reflect the prior change or the quotation marks.   Currently I'm getting a basic note displayed in this manner:

Field Next Step changed from "01/10/13 - Follow up on call attempt of 12/28/12 if no return call by this contact date." to "01/14/13 - Follow up on status of the settlement with the client if not returned by this contact date."

I would like to see the note dropped into the History Tab without the prior note or data and without the quotation marks so that it only reflects the following:

01/14/13 - Follow up on status of the settlement with the client if not returned by this contact date.

So please advise how do I configure the fields or the drop action into the History tab to display how I need it to display for our reporting purposes.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Quotation Marks - How to remove them when data drops into General History

Hello Dominga,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This behavior is by design, there are no options for changing how the field change is recorded.  If you would like to submit a request for a different behavior, please submit a post in the Share Your Ideas forum.

Greg Martin
Sage