09-16-2008 08:14 AM
We currently use a self-made CRM system alongside QuickBooks for accounting. There is no data/software integration: orders are manually entered in the CRM system (for licensing and shipping purposes), then re-entered into QuickBooks for accounting purposes.
I'm having a bit of difficulty going through the given details for the Link for QuickBooks. I was hoping someone could help. My goal is to define the process with which a sales person would create and manage opportunities and then turn them into invoices in QuickBooks when the sale was made. Ideally it would be something like this:
- sales people manage opportunities
- sales people flag opportunities as won
- sales people would (for the moment) still use our old system- for shipping & licensing
- accounting would query act for recently won opportunities, and be able to quickly convert to a QuickBooks invoice
Reasons for this process:
- limit QuickBooks deployment
- for the time being the shipping process can not change
- double entry is spread from one accountant to multiple sales people
The only thing I don't see anywhere is how to go from an opportunity to an Invoice. Can someone please give me some guidance? Thanks.
09-16-2008 08:47 AM
We're getting ready to use Act!. The self made application doesn't really have a name, because it is literally self-made. It was created by an inhouse developer, and never turned into a product nor was it ever distributed to anyone. It's a desktop application sitting on top of a hybrid http/mysql database interface.
We use QuickBooks Premier 2008, and are getting ready to deploy Act! 2009 Premium.
09-16-2008 02:26 PM
you may want to look into an addon. have a look at Quotewerks. I dont use it but it seems to have at least similar functions as what you are asking about.