Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

QuickBooks link & double entry

QuickBooks link & double entry

We currently use a self-made CRM system alongside QuickBooks for accounting.  There is no data/software integration: orders are manually entered in the CRM system (for licensing and shipping purposes), then re-entered into QuickBooks for accounting purposes.

I'm having a bit of difficulty going through the given details for the Link for QuickBooks.  I was hoping someone could help.  My goal is to define the process with which a sales person would create and manage opportunities and then turn them into invoices in QuickBooks when the sale was made.  Ideally it would be something like this:

- sales people manage opportunities

- sales people flag opportunities as won

- sales people would (for the moment) still use our old system- for shipping & licensing

- accounting would query act for recently won opportunities, and be able to quickly convert to a QuickBooks invoice

Reasons for this process:

- limit QuickBooks deployment

- for the time being the shipping process can not change

- double entry is spread from one accountant to multiple sales people

The only thing I don't see anywhere is how to go from an opportunity to an Invoice.  Can someone please give me some guidance?  Thanks. 

Re: QuickBooks link & double entry

What is this self-made CRM?  Are you using ACT! by Sage?  If so, which version of ACT! and Quickbooks.

We're getting ready to use Act!.  The self made application doesn't really have a name, because it is literally self-made.  It was created by an inhouse developer, and never turned into a product nor was it ever distributed to anyone.  It's a desktop application sitting on top of a hybrid http/mysql database interface.

We use QuickBooks Premier 2008, and are getting ready to deploy Act! 2009 Premium.

Nickel Contributor

you may want to look into an addon. have a look at Quotewerks. I dont use it but it seems to have at least similar functions as what you are asking about.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA