Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quick attach without automatic e-mail logging

Quick attach without automatic e-mail logging

Can you somhow configure so that quick attach works but absolutely no automatic e-mail logging is done. We had som much problems with it that we had to detach Outlook from ACT for the managers. I thought I turned it off in Tools --> Preferences --> E-mail & Outlook Sync --> Email System Setup, but it just didn't listen. Now that I have detached the outlook, quick attach can't be done either. Is there a middle way?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Quick attach without automatic e-mail logging

No if you turn of part you have turned it all off. You might have a look at www.designr1.com and they do have an alternative Outlook connector.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Bronze Super Contributor

Are you talking about inbound emails automatically linking or emails created by the user to be sent out?

I am talking about e-mails sent from outlook, that automatically attaches to the contact in ACT.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello MikeySectra,
Just to clarify, you want to be able to select messages in Outlook and Quick Attach them, but not have messages sent via Outlook automatically attach? If this is the case, then should be able to configure this in your email setup in ACT! 2012:
- Go to Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync tab > Email System Setup
- On Screen 5 of the wizard (E-mail - Record History), select None (this for automatic history recording)
- On Screen 6, select to type of history to record (this is for Quick Attach)
- Finish wizard and save your settings
- For incoming emails, you will need to configure the Outlook rule, per this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2302...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok, that was exactly what I was after. Thank you for your answer!