Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quick Link for second email

Re: Quick Link for second email

I too would like to know the answer to this.  I have approximately 3-4 emails stored for each contact using the two email fields provided by Act! (Personal EMail and Email) and added 2 more so I can keep track of Spouse's and their email addresses.  However, in Outlook, when I create a new email and click the TO: box, the list of available email addresses only shows the primary email field from act "Email" and not the others.

I'm using Act v11.0 and have checked to ensure that all the email fields are in fact email fields.  Anything I'm doing wrong here?

Copper Super Contributor

Hi PJStyles

I think your question is a little different but you may have answered mine in the process.... because it only shows one email eg: primary email (which i did not clue itto until you message) thats the only one that it links to the database. So i think to answer both of us is how do we get more than one email into outlook from Act

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Platinum Elite Contributor

@JasonD wrote:
Sending

While it won't show extra addresses, it should still attach them... no need to use the quickAttach function.

What exact steps are you using?

@PJStyles wrote:

I too would like to know the answer to this.  I have approximately 3-4 emails stored for each contact using the two email fields provided by Act! (Personal EMail and Email) and added 2 more so I can keep track of Spouse's and their email addresses.  However, in Outlook, when I create a new email and click the TO: box, the list of available email addresses only shows the primary email field from act "Email" and not the others.

I'm using Act v11.0 and have checked to ensure that all the email fields are in fact email fields.  Anything I'm doing wrong here?

The address book will only display the primary email field But, if you send an email to one of the other addresses, it should still be attached to the contact in ACT!

Thanks for the reply.  My concern wasn't so much that the email will get attached to the contact history but rather that all the email addresses available for a contact will be displayed in Outlook as I may not be sending the email to the primary email field.  Since not all of the contact's email addresses show up in the list (only the primary does), I'm forced to go into Act! to lookup the other email address and then send the email - it's an extra step I'd like to avoid.

I like how Outlook lists ALL available email addresses for every contact in it's contact management list.  Is there any work-around for this problem?  Thanks

Highlighted

Not that I can think of... if you look up the contact, you might just be able to click on the email address?

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.