Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quick Attach Not Always Working

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Quick Attach Not Always Working

I seem to be having an issue where when I select an email to "Quick Attach" to a contact record in my database, it sits in the pending/progress tab and never gets processed.  However, if I manually open that email in the Act Integration tool and select the contact I want to attach to, it then works.

This only happens when I'm trying to attach an email after the fact.  If I send an email normally by clicking the contact record's email address, it does successfully add the email to the history.

Any ideas/suggestion?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JagStyles
‎02-04-2016 07:47 AM
Administrator

Re: Quick Attach Not Always Working

Hi Jag,

We haven't seen this behaviour before. I would suggest removing and reinstalling the Outlook integration.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JagStyles
‎02-04-2016 07:47 AM
Administrator

Hi Jag,

We haven't seen this behaviour before. I would suggest removing and reinstalling the Outlook integration.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just so I can understand -

If ACT is attaching normally why do you then need to do this after the send as well. Is it because these emails did not attach?

Is it emails sent from inside ACT attach but those sent Via Outlook don't? 

Are you 100% sure that the email address in ACT and the Outlook email address match?

Sorry to ask so many questions but trying to look for where this is failing.

Copper Contributor

I was attaching them after the fact since these emails were sent prior to Act v18 being installed and active, so I had to go back and attach some old emails to ensure they were in the database.
Copper Contributor

Okay... this problem has resurfaced. I recently did a complete fresh install on my new laptop, installed the integration software. Same issue was occuring where emails I try to Quick Attach after they've been sent will not automatically attach to the contact record. If I go in and manually select which contact to attach to, it works.

I tried the previous solution of uninstalling and reinstalling but same result. Previous solution/fix no longer working. Any ideas/suggestions? The address book is showing up in Outlook and all other aspects seem to be working fine. Only for emails I try to attach after the fact.

Thanks
Administrator

Hi Jag,

Have you tried the common solutions for this issue found in the following Knowledgebase Article?
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948
Copper Contributor

Seems most of those fixes are for the desktop client version?? I'm using the web based version and although I can access some of the admin preferences using my remote windows client, not sure if they would result in a meaningful difference?? Currently in Windows 10, MS Office 2016.

Find it strange that it'll successfully attach an email where I manually select the contact, but if I use the "Quick Attach" icon instead, it won't attach.
Copper Contributor

Very strange behaviour... So I just installed the MS Word Mail Merge add-in and then did a Repair of the Integration Add-In, and its now working fine... Seems very finicky this system.
Copper Contributor

After much trouble shooting, I found the reason why some emails weren't quick attaching.  It seems any emails in the SENT folder will not quick attach.  I presume this is because the quick attach settings in the add-in options specify to only record the email to the FROM email address.  Since the email is in the sent folder, it is not able to match the FROM email address since i was the one that sent the email?

Either way, that's the only time quick attaching emails will not work, at least that's been my experience after several hours of testing.

Thanks

Administrator

This could be down to the way your integration is configured. Are you recording the emails to both the FROM and TO addresses?
Whatever you have configured essentially reverses when recording in the sent folder due to the way outlook stores the addresses; FROM becomes TO etc.