Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions regarding startup services for ACT 2011

wsg
Copper Contributor

Questions regarding startup services for ACT 2011

Hello,

We recently discovered many users are having 99% or higher cpu processes for act.outlook.service.exe.  I have some questions regarding disabling this startup feature and what might pose problems.  This is the current setup for all users but wil lbe changing to add contacts for synching. Below I have listed my questions on this issue.

1.  If we disable the act.outlook.service.exe for startup will this process then start when Sage is opened?

2. Another thing we noticed are the Attact to contacts progress which is always at 0.  I asked the users if they use this as it just sits in system tray icon and they said no.  They do use the attach e-mail to contact but only through Sage specifically.  Can this function be disabled upon startup as well?

3.Actsage.exe-preload can this be disabled for startup as well?

I would like to know this as we don't want to mess anything up but then again have the workstations be able to startup quicker than normal and not experience the 99% cpu usage on act.outlook.service.exe.  Please let me know thoughts or how this will work.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Questions regarding startup services for ACT 2011

this is almost always due to a backlog or error in the outlook history queue. %appdata%\act\actdata\history queue
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
wsg
Copper Contributor

Re: Questions regarding startup services for ACT 2011

rosevear wrote:
this is almost always due to a backlog or error in the outlook history queue. %appdata%\act\actdata\history queue

Yes I already read that.  But if we wanted to disable that start up service would that make a difference in synching contacts or calendars?