10-09-2015 08:00 AM
I'm considering using Act! for contact management. Questions regarding setup:
1. Initially it would just be installed on one computer - do I need to be concerned with setting up a server?
2. If I add 2 or 3 users later on other computers, how simple is the setup process re: the server?
10-09-2015 08:34 AM - edited 10-09-2015 08:54 AM
1. now, it should be no problem installing Act! on your computer and later install it on a server
2. The process is very easy, but if you need help, we are here to serve.
3. Before installing Act! - Keep in mind some suggestions:
A- Disable UAC before Installing Act! (User Account Control)
B- While installing Act! disable the Windows Firewall, after installing and activating Act! you can activate it again but considering some exclusions.
C- I suggest the following path for the creation of the database C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases
Good luck and welcome to the Act adventure!