Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions about the ACT 2007 updates (9.0->9.0.1)

Questions about the ACT 2007 updates (9.0->9.0.1)

I am finding that my immediate predecessor in the office I'm working in now had a very bad habit of not patching anything unless it was done automatically, leaving a lot of bugs outstanding that had been fixed. One of the things I've proposed to do is to update all copies of ACT 2007 to 9.0.1 (and possibly later, if there are updates after that - this is the first office where I've used any Sage product, so I don't know).

However, as I was running this plan past several staff members, one of our managers threw up some red flags, and explained that she thought this is why they never budged from 9.0. Upon reviewing the release notes for 9.0.1, she remains unconvinced about an old double-spacing bug being fixed, having read that the original work around was to use the built in ACT Word Processor. This would break all of their many many custom templates from Word 2003.

She's also unconvinced that one particular formatting bug that extisted in ACT 9 Premium for Web is not an issue in 9.0.1.

Basically it's coming down to, yes they'd like the bug fixes, but not at the cost of losing or having to redo a LOT of templates. So can any of you who have done these updates in the past provide this reassurance? The way I read it is that neither the double-spacing bug nor the bullet point/small font within a table bug still exist in 9.0.1 and it WOULD be a good thing to go ahead and upgrade.

Thank you all for your time!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Questions about the ACT 2007 updates (9.0->9.0.1)

Probably the best thing would be to run do an upgrade on a copy of the database in a test environment and see what you get...

That way you will know for sure and you will be able to "show it" to your concerned parties...

If it breaks, than you will know that too.

Re: Questions about the ACT 2007 updates (9.0->9.0.1)

That's pretty much the conclusion I had as well. But I'm getting a lot of "it's just fine, leave it alone" resistance, so I may not bother with the updates anyhow.