Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions about Spillover - Tables

Questions about Spillover - Tables

Hey guys,

I'm am using a ACT 2009 (11.1) Premium with a SQL Server. We've created a lot of costum fields in the contact - context. I've purchased the SA Password and saw that some fields are stored in the spillover table (ACT Whitepaper here). The Whitepaper itself says that these tables are used to "bypass" limits given by the sql server. Well, I've read some technet articles and was unable to find the limit which caused ACT to use the spillover table ... It seems that the "logic" is a little bit fuzzy. We've repeated the field creation and other (even more) fields where created in the spillover table.

This makes no sense to me ...

What are the limits the Whitepaper refers to?

thx

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Questions about Spillover - Tables

SQL 2005 has a max row size of 8,060 bytes or 1,024 columns

Also remember you CANNOT add or modify fields directly via the sa pass ... you need to use the SDK to do that
Nickel Contributor

I would concur with Mike on this one, and creating fields via SQL is not a recommended option, the SDK is there to provide these options.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

Hey guys,

thanks for the fast reply. I read these limits on technet articles. The funny thing is, wheter the bytelimit nor the max columncount is reached and on every try the result differs a little bit.

Thx for the reply so far. I've added the fields with the ACT-Client, not with the SA!

Kind regards

Alex