Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question on editing fields - Fairly new to Act!

Question on editing fields - Fairly new to Act!

Using "Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367" with 3 users.

I would like to edit the "Regarding" drop down field in the schedule activities window.  I would like to make it to automatically add new items to the list as well as it should allow multi-select options.  Where can I change those settings?  In the "define fields" window the options are only to edit: Contact, Companies, Groups or Opportunities.

Also in the Schedule Activities window, there is a "Schedule for" button, where I can assign the activities to the correct users.  Is there an option to schedule multiple users? To make that field an multi-select option?

All help is appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Question on editing fields - Fairly new to Act!

[ Edited ]

Hello lipa,

Unfortunately, the "Regarding" field cannot be formatted to automatically accept new entries. You would need to click "Edit List Values" at the bottom of the dropdown to add a new value...an this will only pertain to the selected activity type. With the "Schedule For" option, that can only accept one user. If you wanted to add additional users, you would add them in the "Schedule With" box. They will receive an invitation and it will be added to their calendar.

It may be possible to reformat these boxes using the free ACT! SDK tool. For more information about the SDK, please see Knowledgebase Article 14044.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Question on editing fields - Fairly new to Act!

Thanks