Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question about importing missed emails from Outlook to ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Question about importing missed emails from Outlook to ACT!

We have 6 users using ACT! By Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) and Outlook 2003.

Recently noticed that the Outlook emails weren't saving properly under the ACT! History for 5 of the 6 users.

Was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling ACT on one of the machines, still need to do the other 4.

My question is regarding the emails that were sent/received while the history wasn't being recorded.

Is there a way to import these emails from Outlook into ACT?

I searched online and couldn't find a solution.

Closest one was this but no one posted a solution: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Importing-email-into-ACT-2008-10-0/td-p/10379

Also called ACT support and they said that ACT 2008 is obsolete so they don't support it anymore, but this seems like it would be the same for newer version as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shibu

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shibu
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Question about importing missed emails from Outlook to ACT!

If the emails are still in Outlook, the easiest way will be highlight a group of emails and click the 'Quick Attach' option.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Shibu,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Look at the following article, section concerning "History queue is backed up": KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg Martin,

Thank you for the prompt response. I tried to recreate the HistoryQueue and when I tried to copy the msg and xml files from the copied/backup folder, they continued to create errors in a subfolder called errors. I also checked the registry and confirmed the Qpath didn't exist, so I created it. Recreated the HistoryQueue folder again and the Error subfolder came back with [messagename].xml.error files in there.

Is there anything else I can try to get the history in ACT to populate for emails that were sent/received while the ACT Addin was not working properly? Thanks.

Shibu

If the emails are still in Outlook, the easiest way will be highlight a group of emails and click the 'Quick Attach' option.
Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shibu
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Greg Martin
Sage