Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question about ACT licensing

Question about ACT licensing

We own two licenses of ACT, installed on two workstations. One employee uses the software all day and I wish to share the other of those licenses with another employee--we will each access the workstation that has the software installed remotely -- but I do not want her logging in under my name as I have private records. I can create a user account for her, but when she tries to log in, it says "There are not enough licenses in this database to allow you to login."

I would think that as long as only two are logged in, and the software is only installed on two workstations, that we should have as many user names as we want. Is this not the case? Have I missed something?

Tim Corey

Redding, CA

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Question about ACT licensing

The ACT! program is licensed to the named user, not the machine or how many are logged in. You need another license to do what you want.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have two other computers, each with a single licensed ACT!, and I want to have them access the database on my computer via a network. How do I enter the other licenses to allow them to find my database? Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello georgekep,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. To add additional licenses to the database, go to Help > Register ACT!. You will get a screen that allows you to enter additional serial numbers and their associated licenses.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Grig! I'll give it a shot later today and see what happens.

George