Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Querying database tables secondary contacts to link back to parent contact and company

Querying database tables secondary contacts to link back to parent contact and company

Hello,

I am using SQL server, ACT reader login, to access the database tables for ACT 2010.  I was able to access the contacts from the tbl_contact table.  I am now trying to link the secondary contacts (tbl_contact.TYPENUM = 2) back to the "parent" contact, but I don't see how.  The contactid field for the secondary does not link to any other table. The companyid and companyname fields are NULL for the secondary contacts.  I need to "pull" this data and associate it back the parent.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Thanks in advance. Tony.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Querying database tables secondary contacts to link back to parent contact and company

If you're getting that involved with the database you should use the SSMS to create a field map of the database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: Querying database tables secondary contacts to link back to parent contact and company

There's a table TBL_Secondary.

SELECT [SECONDARYID]
      ,[CONTACTID]
      ,[CREATEUSERID]
      ,[CREATEDATE]
  FROM [TBL_SECONDARY]

Secondary ID is the GUID for your secondary contact, CONTACTID is the GUID for the primary contact.

Thank you very much.  That works.Smiley Very Happy