Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Query or lookup

Copper Contributor

Query or lookup

I am using ACT Premium for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.0.182. We send out many quotes each month and they are all attached to the specific company record in ACT notes. Our sales admin usually is the person who sends out the quotes for multiple sales people (6-10 quotes per day) As the sales manager, I would like to go back 6 or 7 months to review the records that received quotes for a particular period of time lets say July of 2009. How can I look at a specific month past to review the quotes sent and the work that has been done. I really want to focus in on those specific people who received the quote and possibly send them follow up emails.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Query or lookup

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not a method to search for quotes for a certain date. You mentioned that you were attaching the quotes in ACT! notes. You may be able to go into the Attachments folder for your database and search for quotes files (.doc) that were created on the dates you are looking for. You would then need to open the files by double-clicking them to see who the contact is. The quote files are located in the directory where your database resides in the [database name]-database files/Attachments folder. You could also run the Opportunity By Contact report from the Reports menu for a custom date range to see what opportunities were created during that time period.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If your company is doing 6 to 10 quotes per day you would be well advised to have quoting application that integrates to ACT!. A quoting software has its own database that you can run reports or searches on very easily rather than have to hunt through attachments in ACT!  We recommend Quotewerks, refer www.quotewerks.com to our customers. With a quoting database that integrates to ACT! you also benefit from having the quote as part of teh sales funnel in opportunities in ACT! and unique numbers automatically assigned to each quote.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Tuned Listener

Hello,

Graeme has suggested an excellent product in QuoteWerks for quoting and integrating into ACT!

What you described above is a report that would allow you to see the history information at once and then quickly find the record in ACT! and send an e-mail. The Stonefield Query for ACT! solution can create detailed reports and link a field to ACT!. The link is clickable and automatically finds the contact/company in ACT! saving you extra clicks. Stonefield Query for ACT! acan report on QuoteWerks too, should you choose to implement QuoteWerks.

Jason Okrepkie
Channel Account Manager
Stonefield Software, Inc.
jason@stonefieldquery.com
http://www.stonefieldquery.com