Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Query off of multi select drop down list

Tuned Listener

Query off of multi select drop down list

I am using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009.    I hope some of the experts out there can help me with this.   I want to set up a drop down field in Company layout where users can multi-select.   Here is my example: 

Company is named Joes Body Shop.   Drop down lists is labeled Type of Service.  Choices are: Paint, Hail Damage, Fender, Glass.

Let's say I select Hail Damage and Paint.  for Joes Body Shop since this shop does paint and hail damage work.

Here are some scenarios showing how I want to be able to query. 

1. I want to run an advanced query to find shops that do hail damage work so that Joe's show up on that query.
  2. I want to run an advanced query to find shops that do hail damage work AND paint so that Joe's show up on that query.
  3. I also want to run an advanced query to find shops that do hail damage AND fender work so that Joe's will NOT show up since they don't do fender work.

Is this possible using the multi select drop down list or does someone have suggestions that would better serve my needs for this query?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 

Silver Contributor

Re: Query off of multi select drop down list

You should be able to do this with an advanced query, or just by doing your lookups and then adding or narowing to your list.

for your example #3 if you want to query on 2 items, you would search or items that CONTAIN hail damage AND CONTAIN fender work.  you would not choose equal to as this would not return the proper results.

another way would be to lookup (right click on the field) then look up first contain hail damage, and then lookup again and choose ADD TO and contain Fender work

Hope this helps.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

Re: Query off of multi select drop down list

Perfect! Thanks so much for your help!