Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Query Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Query Issue

[ Edited ]

Hello there

I'm trying to run a query, so we can contact all of our current clients who use one of two products who don't currently subscribe to our SMS service.  I want to exclude those people who are not clients, or are clients of our business partners.  However, it seems to be pulling through people other than clients (ie xClients, Prospects, BP Customers).  The search criteria I'm using through the advanced query section is:

ProductA   Equal To (=)                    Yes            Or

ProductB   Equal to (=)                     Yes            Or

Sms         Does Not Contain             Yes            And

ID/Status   Does Not Contain             xCustomer And

ID/Status   Equal to (=)                     Customer   And

ID/Status   Does Not Contain             bp             End

At the moment, I am just having to set the order from the contact list and removing those I don't want manually.  As I regularly perform similar Lookups, though, I would rather not have to do this each time.  I am currently running version 11.0.0.367

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Regards

Christian

Message Edited by Christian Dabnor on 02-11-2009 01:31 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian Dabnor
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Query Issue

The advanced query has the provision for grouping query statements using parenthesis. The are available via dropdown and aren't typed in.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

The issue might be with the triple qualifiers for the ID/Status field, I think simply doing Equals Customers will retrict it to contains Customers only but will omit xCustomers.

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunatey, I've set it to search for Customer, without the BP Customer and xCustomer filters, but it still pulls those through.  The problem is, I'm getting other records where the ID/Status doesn't include the word 'Customer' at all.
Nickel Contributor

If the other contacts it's pulling in are people with blank ID/Status you could add, Contains Data, Equals(=) Customers.

Incase that doesn't do it, what data is in the ID/Status field of the contacts whom are being included erroneously? 

It's including contacts with such stautses as 'Prospect' and 'Use Competitor'.

You did not include how you are grouping the query statements to control the order of evaluation. If you are not using parenthesis to group the statements the evaluation is strictly from left to right. Enclosing statements in parenthesis forces those statement to be evaluated first.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'm just using the Contact Criteria facility from Lookup>Advanced>Advanced Query, where it uses pull downs rather than being able to type in my query (I haven't seen where I can just type it in, as I have my queries from the old version in a spreadsheet with thte results and would be able to just copy and paste it)

Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian Dabnor
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The advanced query has the provision for grouping query statements using parenthesis. The are available via dropdown and aren't typed in.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Oh, right!  I see it now.  Thank you for your help.