11-08-2010 01:28 PM
Unfortunately there currently isn't an option to clear the Smart Tasks Status. This would be a very good candidate to post in the Share Your Ideas board.
There is a work-around to get specific Smart Tasks out of the status screen: you have to make a new copy of the Smart Task (highlight > select Duplicate > give it a new name), then delete the original Smart Task. It will remove all references to the original Smart Task in the Status screen.
01-28-2011 10:57 AM
I've tried that method (duplicate>rename>delete original), and it worked for most of them. But I still have one template running, showing 'In Progress' ( I assume that means still running?) This template no longer exist, yet is still visible in Status.
In an attempt to fix that, I have created a new template with the exact same name, and deleted it, to see if that would flush the one that is still stuck In Progress. This didn't work.
Any help would be appreciated.
01-28-2011 12:07 PM
Welcomed to the ACT! Online Community!
The Smart Tasks are a part of the database and it appears you have one that has become corrupted.
Try these steps:
- on the Smart Task status screen > can you select the 'In Progress' task and delete/cancel it?
- does the task show a new occurrence each day it > or is it the same item/same date?
- if it appears to be actually running - new items - create a new scheduled Smart Task with the same name and enable it. Let it run for a day or 2 and then disable the auto-run. See if that will stop the original smart task also.
- have you run the Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option?
- Additional maintenance through ActDiag: here is an article for running maintenance on your database through Actdiag - specifically you'll want to run the Check, Repair, Rebuild Schema, and Reindex options: KB Article 19642