Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Publisher database moved to new computer - Share Database is greyed out - do I have administrator rights?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Publisher database moved to new computer - Share Database is greyed out - do I have administrator rights?

Hi

I have moved the Publisher database to a new computer, following all the steps in the Sage Knowledgebase articles, and am having trouble with one of the remote databases not being able to sync. (Manage Main Database was greyed out).

I think I have to re-create the remote database and move this on to the laptop.  The problem is that I have found that the 'Tools, Database Maintenance, Share Database' is greyed out on the Publisher computer.  I want to unshare the Publisher database so I can re-create the remote database. Other remote databases can still synchronise with no problems. 

Did I miss a step that made the Publisher the Administrator?  I am unable to check as the instructions on how to are not included for Windows 7 on the Sage Knowlegebase.  Any help will be very much appreciated - I am getting very frustrated!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Publisher database moved to new computer - Share Database is greyed out - do I have administrator rights?

I have discovered that it was the User Access Control (UAC) on both the new computers (both the Publisher & the Subscriber) with Windows 7 which was causing all the problems and frustrations.  After disabling UAC on both computers, I have been able to fix everything.  (Just in case anybody is interested, or someone else runs into the same problem!)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Publisher database moved to new computer - Share Database is greyed out - do I have administrator rights?

I have discovered that it was the User Access Control (UAC) on both the new computers (both the Publisher & the Subscriber) with Windows 7 which was causing all the problems and frustrations.  After disabling UAC on both computers, I have been able to fix everything.  (Just in case anybody is interested, or someone else runs into the same problem!)