Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Protexis Licensing

Re: Protexis Licensing

You can reinstall Protexis service using the following knowledge base article.

How To Reinstall The Protexis Licensing Service

After using the LicensingService.exe file to restore the Protexis service, ACT no longer opens, hanging while loading. Sometime this happens after it displays the main ACT window, sometimes it happens without displaying any window. At least I don't get that error message anymore:

"ACT! has detected that Protexis licensing service may not be started or installed properly. To verify go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and make sure the service is listed and the status shows that the service is in stared state."

Hi Mike:

I'm getting the message; ""The type initializer 'Protexis.*' threw an exception". I did the starting of the Protexis license procedure and that did not work. I did the uninstall and reinstall of Protexis and the starting license thing to no avail. You post has really got my attention. Hopefully your procedure is something new. I'm running (trying to) ACT! 10 on a Vista laptop.

Best regards;

Scott Brown

Guelph, ON

Canada

Platinum Elite Contributor

@GuelphCanadian wrote:

Hi Mike:

I'm getting the message; ""The type initializer 'Protexis.*' threw an exception". I did the starting of the Protexis license procedure and that did not work. I did the uninstall and reinstall of Protexis and the starting license thing to no avail. You post has really got my attention. Hopefully your procedure is something new. I'm running (trying to) ACT! 10 on a Vista laptop.

Best regards;

Scott Brown

Guelph, ON

Canada

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5uvo7u

Mike, 

Your fix worked perfectly.  Thank you for replying so quickly.

- Dave 

Copper Contributor

Dave,

Do you ever get the following two erros:

The error we get back sporadically when using the internet explorer interface:

error occured on pageAct.Web.Framework Message.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

or

Server Error in '/APFW' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /APFW/Groups/default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433  

Mike,

Please send me the fix as well bdrayjr@feva.net

I'm getting both this Protexis issue on the server (SBS 2003) and occasional 'Login failed for user 'ACTADMIN'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]' when one or more (or all) lose connection to or fail to connect to ACT. I could try fixing it using your suggestions, but I'm wondering whether these issues have been solved in ACT 2009.

I'm going to go in this weekend to sort the problem out and wondered which approach I should take.

Platinum Elite Contributor

@MSFarmiloe wrote:

I'm getting both this Protexis issue on the server (SBS 2003) and occasional 'Login failed for user 'ACTADMIN'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]' when one or more (or all) lose connection to or fail to connect to ACT. I could try fixing it using your suggestions, but I'm wondering whether these issues have been solved in ACT 2009.

I'm going to go in this weekend to sort the problem out and wondered which approach I should take.

Are you still having this issue?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?