Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Proper Crystal Report Table Linking

Copper Contributor

Proper Crystal Report Table Linking

We recently upgraded to v16.  I use Crystal Reports quite extensively and have noticed a new problem since upgrading from our old version 2008.

When i try to run a report on contacts and their opportunities when one opportunity is linked to multiple contacts, the opportunity will only show up on whichever contact's name is first in the alphabet.

Example:

Opportunity Name: Smith

Contacts it is linked to:  Jim Smith and Jane Apple.

If i run a report, no opportunity will show up under Jim Smith, as S comes after A.  It will ONLY show up under Jane Apple.

Can i not get it to show under both names?  In version 2008 with the same linking it worked fine.

What are the correct links between the Contact, Opportunity & Compay tables?   I only use these 3 tables 99% of the time.

This is the link i am using between the Contact & Opportunity table.  I am doing an inner join using the CONTACTID field in each table.

Image 2.png

This is the link i am using between the Contact and Company table.  I am doing an inner join using the COMPANYID field in each table.

Image 4.png

Thanks for any help on this.

Copper Contributor

Re: Proper Crystal Report Table Linking

I figured it out and wanted to share. There is a CONTACT_OPPORTUNITY table that needs to go in between the CONTACT & OPPORTUNITY tables.  Now my reports work as planned.

Image 3.png