Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product update popup doesn't start download

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Product update popup doesn't start download

I get the message bottom right screen saying there's a product update but no amount of clicking gets me any action. On one PC I was offered the option to backup, which I did but cancelled the download as I thought I already had the latest version SP2.144. Now I read on the forum that there is a newer version with the exe file still named ...144.

Still begs the question why can't I click on the panel and automatically download the update. (and BTW why the subsequent message "We listen" when I close the apparently inactive update prompt)

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎06-26-2017 01:27 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Product update popup doesn't start download

[ Edited ]

For other users. The latest version of 19 service pack 2 is still called ...144 though when unzipped it is actually v ...146. Please rename the downloaded zip file so users can tell it's ...146 

Please make future updates seamless Smiley Wink

Stephen Buckland

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, we had a minor glitch when rolling out 19.2 which saw some users install the software with an incorrect build number (19.2.144 instead of 19.2.146). The software itself was not affected in any way by this change, however users on the 'affected' build have been experiencing some issues applying the latest update.

Our recommendation, if you are currently on 19.2.144, is to perform a full reinstall of the software. This will both correct the build number inconsistency, as well as slipstream in the latest update (if you're connected to the internet at the time).

Apologies for the inconvenience, hope this helps!

Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎06-26-2017 01:27 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

For other users. The latest version of 19 service pack 2 is still called ...144 though when unzipped it is actually v ...146. Please rename the downloaded zip file so users can tell it's ...146 

Please make future updates seamless Smiley Wink

Stephen Buckland
Administrator

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the information on this issue, I'll definitely pass your feedback on to get the download file named correctly - apologies for the issue there.

We'll certainly be taking this on board and working to make sure future updates are, as you've said, seamless. 

Thanks for your understanding!