Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product list - Product Name field length

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Product list - Product Name field length

I am using Act! Premium Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4.

The DB is shared & installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 and accessed from a Windows 10.0.18363 client system.

I am updating my installed product list by importing a csv file.

It seems that the Product Name field length has become shorter than it was in the past and my names are truncated.

By experimenting with typing data in the GUI and by importing/exporting test data, it appears that the Product Name field is now limited to 128 characters. Can anyone confirm this size limit?

Our product names include descriptive text that is necessary for generating meaningful quotes. Being limited to 128 characters makes this feature almost unusable.

Is there any way to expand the size of the Product Name field?

Thanks for any assistance or advice provided.

NOTE: As a feature request, it would be helpful to have an added column in the Product List table. If there were both a Name field (shorter) and a Description field (longer), that would be very helpful.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author hokufbr
‎02-25-2020 10:49 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Product list - Product Name field length

The field in SQL is a nvarchar 256 for Name but it looks like the application is limiting it to 128 characters. This is the same in v22 even if you import with more than 128 characters is truncates it to 128

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author hokufbr
‎02-25-2020 10:49 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Product list - Product Name field length

The field in SQL is a nvarchar 256 for Name but it looks like the application is limiting it to 128 characters. This is the same in v22 even if you import with more than 128 characters is truncates it to 128