Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product Table - Edit Value List

Product Table - Edit Value List

Hi,

We have been using Act for several years and have decided to use the Opportunities feature to track our quotes. We've run into a problem in that the Standard Users can't edit the value list of the product table and when a product is entered to the section using the Product/Services tab and the "Add" button, that product is not showing up on the Opportunity by Product report or any report we've tried creating/modifying because the product is not entered to the Product table.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I may have overlooked or a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pam

Re: Product Table - Edit Value List

Bump!  I've read where others are having problems in previous versions with trying to limit or lock the product list to users.  Did this change in 2012.  I want to allow them access to manage the product list and can't seem to find a way to do this.  It seems like it would be an option to end-user to grant this access.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Pam

Re: *Bump* - Product Table - Edit Value List

Can anyone please tell me how, if possible, to allow standard users access to edit list values for the product table when entering products to an opportunity?  If this isn't possible, please let me know.

Thanks, 

Pam

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Pam,
Standard users are not able to edit the product list.
Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Thank you for responding and answering this question.  Do you have a solution as to how they can enter products to the list on the product/service tab of opportunities and then have it show up on the Opportunity-Product report?  

Thank you,

Pam

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately, no. Since they cannot edit the list - the typed in product will not show on the report.

If the source of this issue is that you have a list of products that haven't been added to the Product List yet, you can use the import function within the 'Edit Product List' option to get them added en mass.
Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, Greg, for clarifying this for me.  

We have imported our product list, but still have the need for users to enter new items as needed.  

Thanks again,

Pam