Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product Field in the opportunities list

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Product Field in the opportunities list

Greetings, Quick question: is possible to insert the product field in the opportunities list?

The following link is an example of the 2008 version

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9382/act2008.jpg

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: system functions - Product Field in the opportunities list

Juan,

Check out my favorite reporting solution for ACT! - Crystal Clear Essentials - www.crystalclearessentials.com - it's a package of 15 pre-written Crystal Reports that do all the things a Sales Manager would want - Activities by rep organized by day/date, Histories by rep organized by day/date, and one for you - Opportunity Product Report.  You can spend hours or days trying to write that report, or you can simply buy the package for less than $150US and be done with it - they add themselves to ACT!'s Report Menu - they're visually stunning, and many of them have first pages that summarize all subsequent pages.

Kevin 

Signature

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Product Field in the opportunities list

The short answer is no. The products are in a separate table from the opportunities so that there can be more than one line item for an opportunity. In ACT! 2009 and before, there was a link that would show one one product line at random and if there was more than one product line show and ellisis to indocate missing product information. I don't know the reasoning but in ACT! 2010 they removed that link to the product table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Super Contributor

system functions - Product Field in the opportunities list

Is necessary to evaluate the system functions and user needs Smiley Sad
Nickel Contributor

It's not clear to me the technical impediments of including the products in the opp list view with 2010, but this issue has come up numerous times with upgrade customers, and they're not happy at all with this feature loss. In one case I had to export the product list, create an opp field, and then import the product list as a pull-down menu. After that we simply populated this new product field with the appropriate selection, and they became viewable again in list view. This was a rather brutish approach, but the customer was happier with the solution than I was because it was a labourious work-around.

Having reviewed the release info on SP1, I know they answer is not contained in that updae.

Let's keep our fingers crossed it will be considered for the next release, much like the ACT6 "List Edit" feature was returned to us in 2008.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Bronze Contributor

As Roy pointed out above, there is a one to many relationship between opportunities and products.  In earlier versions, ACT! would show one product in the Opportunity List, and I always thought it was the first product found, Roy says it was random, which is plausible.  In either case, it wasn't ideal if you have more than one product.  However, many of my clients frequently quote a single product per opportunity, so for them, it worked.  There is no way to show more than one product in a simple row-column grid as ACT! uses.  If you want to see what needs to be done, look at what Durkin Computing has done in their Opportunity Plus addon:http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsOpportunityListPlus.aspx and look at the fourth screen shot under Screen Shots and you'll see that some sort of collapsing/expanding has to be done to  properly display multiple products.  It's not simple. TopLine Results does something similar with their TopLine Dashboard http://www.toplineresults.com/products/toplinedash/screens.htm

Kevin Chieff

ACT! Certified Consultant,

Rumson, NJ USA

Signature
Nickel Super Contributor

So ... How can I to make a report of Products by Opportunity?

Example:

Opportunity Name: Computer Opportunity

Company: South Computers of Chile

Product Name1                   Quantity

2.  Printer                                         1

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

That would require a custom report. There are potential problems trying to create such a report template but I think I could do it. I done similar report templates in the past.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the help

Thanks to everybody for the help.

If somebody has a file report about this I hope your help by email

Nickel Contributor

Re: Thanks to everyone for the help

Be sure to contact Roy above.

You won't find anyone better at customizing reports.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Juan,

Check out my favorite reporting solution for ACT! - Crystal Clear Essentials - www.crystalclearessentials.com - it's a package of 15 pre-written Crystal Reports that do all the things a Sales Manager would want - Activities by rep organized by day/date, Histories by rep organized by day/date, and one for you - Opportunity Product Report.  You can spend hours or days trying to write that report, or you can simply buy the package for less than $150US and be done with it - they add themselves to ACT!'s Report Menu - they're visually stunning, and many of them have first pages that summarize all subsequent pages.

Kevin 

Signature