Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with the NOTES section.

Problems with the NOTES section.

Hi guys, I have just installed ACT 2009 on a new users machine. I have linked to the .pad file on the server and all seemed OK, until the user reported she was unable to see anyone's notes on a file. The other users also can see her notes. When I logged in as admin to the database I could see her notes.

I was wondering if anyone knew a reason for this, if it was permissions or if I have just installed it incorrectly. I have never used this software before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Problems with the NOTES section.

On the notes section there's a button that says 'Select Users'  It may be a simple as on the dialogue that pops up she only has herself ticked

cheers for the advice, unfortunetly i have already checked this and it is set to all users. :'(

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Dacoll,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This could an issue with her account user account or possibly a permissions issue with her Windows profile. You can test the database user account by creating a new ACT! user, then deleting her current user account, and when prompted reassign the records to her new user. Be sure to back up the database first. You can test her Windows profile by logging into her machine as another Windows user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Also make sure the filter is set to all dates...and if in History - all types.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com