Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with reports

Copper Contributor

Problems with reports

I have been haveing issues with some of the standard reports in Act! Premium 2010

The first is with the Notes/History, History Summary & History Summary Classic reports.  When I select all users I get everyones Notes & History in the date range specified.  No problems there.  But when I select an individual user for the same date range I get no data even though they were in the All users report.  This happens with all 3 reports.  Why is that?

The other report I am having trouble with is with the Won Opportunities by Actual Closing Month.  I selected Last month (May) as the date range but I get some records with the Actual close date as 29/04/2010.  I tried the custom date of 01/05/2010 - 31/05/2010 & those records still show up.  The Estimated close date for those records are infact in May.  It appears that this report does not look at the Actual close date field.  Why is that?

I tried all these reports on our database & on the demo database with the same results so it is not the database.

I am finding these reports to be limiting.  For exmaple we spent some time developing a report based on the opportunity open date & would like to have the same report but based on the Actual close date.  We found that we cannot make a copy of the report change simply change the lookup field.

Thanks

Tony
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems with reports

The first problem you are having is a result of the filter selections. The user selection on the general tab applies to the record manager of the contact record, the user selection on the Note or History tabs relates to the record manager of the actual note or history itself with the selection on the general tab being the primary selection. You likely need to select all users on the general tab and make you specific user selection on the other tabs.

I'm not sure there is an answer for you second problem. I'm not sure where it changed but at one time, the opportunity date range filter for reports used the estimated closing date for open opportunities and the actual close date for any closed opportunities. It appears that wint ACT! 2010 it uses the estimated close date in all cases. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Hi Roy

We had been using the correct filters but it has now fixed itself

Regarding the 2nd issue re the opportunities reports.  We have been told that this is a bug & it should be resolved in the next hot fix re;lease due out in a few weeks.  It appears all opportunity reports are based on the Estimated close date.

Tony

Hey guys,

I have the same issue with REPORTS. I created a report to grab from both the Contact record fields and also from the Opportunity record fields. It worked for maybe 6 times, but then after 6 times of editing it, it wouldn't display or print any data. I've tried over and over again and it's not working. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Watchna

SBMG

Off hand I suspect that your problem is an improperly designed report template. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for replying Roy. I tried to create a new report by pulling in some of the opportunity fields, but no data is being shown. So is it still improperly designed?

I wish templates were able to pull the fields from opportunities and not just from the contact fields.

Watchna

SBMG

They can but they must be properly formatted. By the way, any opportunities that aren't connected to a contact won't be displayed in an ACT! report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Really? Wow! That's a relief. How would you properly format an opportunity field? or template?

Watchna

SBMG

It depends on the template. If it's not an opportunity based report then the opportunity fields need to be in an opportunity subreport.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129