Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with outlook integration over web for V18

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problems with outlook integration over web for V18

[ Edited ]

Once again another problem trying to setup The V18 ACT Premium Outlook Integration over the web on once of my employees computers.  It worked on all the other employees but this one.  Right now I have absolutely all antivirus, antimalware, firewalls and security settings turned off.

I go to the ACT database via my internet explorer at http://x.x.x.x/apfw.  I am able to login under the username for the employee.  Click on tools->synchronize with outlook->out look synchronization preferences and the install begins.

The entire install goes through no problem.

If I open outlook, it does not load the addin and goes directly to outlook.  I I look in the addins I have two icons for sync contacts with ACT! premium web and sync calendar with ACT! premium web but nothing else.  If I go to my options and look at my addins I have ACT! Premium for (Web) Outlook addin in my active application add-ins.

I have disabled all other addins. I have even gone into the trust center and set enable all macros and to apply macro security to installed add-ins.  Still nothing. 

So I checked some other settings though the browser and for the one thing the ACT! integration service doesn't start automatically although its in my start folder.  So I have to start it manually.  If go back to the outlook preferences I get an error saying

Unable to access the ACT! web server. Please try again

If you continue to see this message, recycle the IIS application pool or restart IIS.   (I actually did this)

For assistance, contact your Administrator.  More information is given in online Help and the Web administrator's guide.

When I hit OK it shows that the database is connected in the top part of the window.  If I hit OK again I get

unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

The remote server returned an unexpected response: (405) Method not allowed.

Also if I try to login as another user I get this error

InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. 

Like I said,  all of my other employees computers are working fine.  I don't know what is wrong on this one.  Does anyone have any ideas.  I don't want to have to call tech support again just to sit on hold for another hour.  I have become so frustrated with this ACT upgrade.  It has done nothing but fight me the entire time.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Darrell

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author deeaamon
‎01-21-2016 06:29 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Problems with outlook integration over web for V18

I ended up getting the problem fixed last night finally.  Towards the end of the day yesterday I felt that something was just plain blocking the information getting to the server even though I had stopped all virus and malware problems,  firewalls etc.  Plus I recycled the pools on the server and rebooted the client computer.

The program just didn't seem like it was getting through to the server.  It turns out that even though we had rebooted the client computer,  a windows update was still trying to install.  So we rebooted the computer again.  At the time of the client computer boot I went ahead and restarted the ACT web server as well instead of just recycling the pools.

By the time all were rebooted, My employees outlook had all of the ACT icons in the Add-ins and was able to attach records to the Database.  Took a little work but its now done and all of my employees are on ACT.

Thanks for the help all.  Hopefully this thread will help someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Hi,
Usually if there are 2 icons avilable in outlook and if the rest of the icons are missing, it usually means ACT address book is not configured.

After starting the act integration service, please check in task manager if it is running and once you confirm it is running try opening outlook to check if it is asking you to add address book and if not, please go to home button in outlook and then click on account settings and go to the address book tab and check if act address book is listed and if it is not then click on new and then click on additional address book and check if act premium address book is listed as an option and try to add it.
Bronze Elite Contributor

If that does not work run a repair in MS Office.

Solution
Accepted by topic author deeaamon
‎01-21-2016 06:29 AM
Copper Contributor

I ended up getting the problem fixed last night finally.  Towards the end of the day yesterday I felt that something was just plain blocking the information getting to the server even though I had stopped all virus and malware problems,  firewalls etc.  Plus I recycled the pools on the server and rebooted the client computer.

The program just didn't seem like it was getting through to the server.  It turns out that even though we had rebooted the client computer,  a windows update was still trying to install.  So we rebooted the computer again.  At the time of the client computer boot I went ahead and restarted the ACT web server as well instead of just recycling the pools.

By the time all were rebooted, My employees outlook had all of the ACT icons in the Add-ins and was able to attach records to the Database.  Took a little work but its now done and all of my employees are on ACT.

Thanks for the help all.  Hopefully this thread will help someone else in the future.