Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Sync in ACT 2009

Problems with Sync in ACT 2009

I am using ACT 2009 Premium. I am a remote user and when i sync with the Main database, all items I enter into t remote databse dissapear after I sync. When establishing the sync set, etc. There is no place to determine if it will be a push or a true sync. Is the remote database meant to only be a display of the main database, or is it designed to be able to make chagnes to the remote and have them sync to the main. I keep losing a lot of data & keep having old activities show up after a sync & am very frustrated.

Thank you for any help.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Problems with Sync in ACT 2009

When your remote database was created, was is assigned a sync set?  A sync set determine what contacts (based off a query) a contact will receive when he/she syncs.  For example: your sync set could be State = TX.  This means you only have contacts in the state of Texas.  So if you create a new contact that lives in New York (State = NY), next time you sync, that contact will go to the central database, but it will be taken out of your remote database.  Hope this helps.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Thanks, Michael. I wish that were the issue. As the Admin, I have my sync set set for all users & all contacts. The problem has been that I would work on the remote database & upon syncing, the activities that had been closed would not syncwith the Main, instead the Main DB would push over to the remote.

The funny thing is that when I reached my boiling point & was about to call ACT to try to go through tech support, I decided to back up the remote, back up the Main & then perform one more sync (in an effort to document what was happening to expedite tech support). Of course, the sync ran perfectly & both the Main & Remote DB were communicating properly.

I guess at this point, I will BU, BU & BU, sync more often and note any issues tha "reappear." If all else fails, I have the entire Microsoft Dynamics Suite & can alwys go back to Microsoft CRM (waaay more than my current business model needs). There's always SalesForce as well!

Anyway, thanks again for the help. Let me know if there is ever anything that I can do for you.

Jeff

Nickel Super Contributor

I would try these options:

A. Set the ACT! Schedular to backup and run maintenance on both the remote and central database every night

and/or

B. Just create a new remote database.  This solves a lot of synching problems.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com