Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Oppurtunitys

Problems with Oppurtunitys

Hi All,

I currently have Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0,

I have started to get the sales guys to enter in the product information on ACT and we use a piece of middleware that has been developed for us to import these details into a quote which happens with no problems. The 2 problems I have are;

- Every so often and for a reason I can't work out - all of the product details that are being quoted will randomly end up on someone elses oppurtunity - the oppurtunity is being created from the contact - product details are then enterted in but these product details will then end up on another live oppurtunity wiping out anything in its place.

- Also on completion of the oppurtunity we add the supplier to the contact section of the oppurtunirty record. The problem that comes from this is that on looking at the oppurtunity in "list view" it changes the company name to the supplier contact name - on hovering over the company name it acknowledges that the customer company name is still there - but it does not display... creating a nightmare for reporting... 

Thanks in advance..

Adrian 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems with Oppurtunitys

Does this happen only when the opportunity is added to a newly added contact record?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

no it happens to existing contact records in the database. Its very rare that we create a "new" contact within the database. 

Re: Problems with contacts + Oppurtunitys

[ Edited ]

ACT PRO 2011  REF.#8010063809 GOPI

#8010073830 PRSAP

Contact detail +oppurtunities to be displayed on screen ?

Not been reconcled

Copper Contributor

We are having similar issues like this.

Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 English (Canada) in a Shared environment.

PC's are running Windows 7 SP1.

It seems that when also clicking on a contact in a Group it will also randomly change a contact.

Going to try the repair tonight to see if it has any affect.

And will post back.  Any one else have any other thoughts?