Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Custom Tables

Problems with Custom Tables

Just upgraded from Act! 19 (local install) to Act! 20.1 Premium Cloud and trying to use Custom Tables.   Two problems.

-  Trying to use downloaded CustomTables_LayoutDesigner tool.  It lets me create a layout for my custom table but even though it says that layout was saved to the server, it never appears in the Cloud.  When I return to the Designer the layout is gone.  Tried on multiple PCs and with 2 different databases.  

- Tried to create the layouts from the local Act! desktop client 20.1 patch 5 (web) but when I connect to the remote syncrhonized database the "Manage Custom Tables" menu option disappears.  If I connect to a local database it reappears.  

So we're stuck and cannot enter/update our custom table information.

Employee

Re: Problems with Custom Tables

Hello David,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've been testing these issues in Cloud and I have been successfully creating layouts and accessing them via a browser, so I would like to take a closer look at your database in particular. I will send you a private message in a minute, if you could respond to that with your account number/ Cloud URL / Database name and I will take a look.

With regards to a remote database, you are unable to Manage custom tables via a remote. Similarly to creating new fields in your database, this needs to be managed via the main publisher database and then synced down to a remote. 

Thanks,

Keith Ewen

Cloud Operations