02-09-2010 08:22 AM
I'm having this same problem currently, but I don't see a clear solution in the posts attached. Can anyone advise me on what to do??
We're on ACT 2009 Premium for Workgroups.
I've done numerous imports in the past but I cannot get this one to work!!! Is there a system issue or a patch I can get?! This is a big problem given the number of records in my DB ( 40K+)
Here is the problem…
· I am exporting about 4 fields from the company level data that needs to be placed onto the contact level
· Importing contact records, tab delimited (I've tried csv files too with no luck)
· All fields in the txt file match up to existing fields in the DB
· Contact merge options are:
o If source records match destination records: MERGE
o If source records do not match destination records: ADD
§ (I’m doing ADD only so I can actually see what’s happening & IF anything is working; otherwise I’d say DO NOT ADD)§ Another consultant told me to change this to DO NOT ADD, but the records still aren’t merging.
· Nothing is merging, despite me telling the db to match on Company Name . The company name on the company level & contact level do match with my test data & roughly 90% of all records.
· Obviously the data I’m trying to get onto the contact level does not currently exist there; that’s why I’m importing it to the contact level in the first place. But is that what’s causing the issue?? I've managed to get some of the “new” data into the system, but it’s creating all new records which will not work.
What is the deal?!!? Please help!!!!!
05-12-2010 03:32 PM
05-12-2010 03:39 PM
Are the fields you are trying to bring the data into all blank?
ACT! can merge into fields and replace data
05-12-2010 04:04 PM
Thanks for our quick response. I'm not too sure what your asking. I'm have a excel contact list that I recieved from a customer. I manualy changed all the header fields to match ACT's fields and saved it under xls,xlsx,csv, and txt files and tried all the suggestions i mentioned above including checking if my sql server 7 is running and it was. Its wierd cause when I try to Import it brings up a loading screen, but nothing happens for 30 seconds and it takes me to ACT screen with no changes and error message. I really need some help and can't find it anywhere. any suggestions???
05-12-2010 04:34 PM
05-13-2010 09:21 AM
I had the same problem. When I restarted SQL Server (ACT7) and tried again all went well.
05-13-2010 12:06 PM
06-28-2010 04:33 PM
07-26-2010 01:55 PM
We have been having the same issue. Tried doing the import on another computer and it worked fine! The difference between the two computers? The one that it worked fine is 32 bit. The one that it did not work on is 64 bit. Is it possible data imports on 64 bit computers don't work?