Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems getting ACT! Premium for Web to work

Problems getting ACT! Premium for Web to work

I'm trying to configure ACT! for Web on a MS 2003 Server; we host other website and applications on this server.

Currently we are having 2 issues I would appreciate any help on:

When I launch the ACT! windows application and click on "Web Site Administration" the following pops up: "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: site"  After I click OK on this this and then try test, I get the following error: "ACT! Premium for Web was unable to test your webserver due to the following error: Invalid URI: A port was expected because of there is a colon (':') present but the port could not be parsed."  Any insight at all as to how to resolve this?

Because we have other web sites/apps I followed Answer ID 14868:How to Manually Create and Configure a Web Site and Virtual Directory for ACT! Premium for Web to set the site up.  

When I try to access the site I created using the above steps, I get the error "The impersonation user account does not have access to files and folders required to run ACT! Premium for Web on your web server." it then directs me to the admin guide.  I thought I had done all these steps - is this related to the previous error?

Thanks,

Nick

Nickel Contributor

Re: Problems getting ACT! Premium for Web to work

There are a number of steps to completing the full APFW setup, so it would be difficult to review all of them here by way of checklist, but there is a known issue with APFW that may be helpful.

If you manually configure the IIS on your MS 2003 Server to assign APFW specific IP address, you will get that error during the configuration of the IIS Administration in APFW that will prevent you from going further.

Believe it or not, the trick is simply to hold down the left shift key while completing the ASP testing. IF your ASP.NET user is properly configured, this will allow you to add and configure a database for APFW.

Unfortunately, it does not guarantee or fix other errors that may exist in your setup, but it will address one of the issues you described.

Hope this helps.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Re: Problems getting ACT! Premium for Web to work

I'm having a similar problem with a server where I need to run APFW from a different domain and no Joy. I had to fix the default web site (never actually used) to listen on 1 IP so that we can login to the system throuh a browser.

I went through the KB detailing how to setup on a different domain but the drop down list of databases just doesn't show. Of course with a fixed IP address I can't perform website administration. Some further details on how to solve this would be appreciated - I can't expect end users to drop into IIS to change IP address to listen on etc etc . . . .

Again, help and details would be appreciated.