Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems duplicating certain contacts in 2011 Premium

Problems duplicating certain contacts in 2011 Premium

I am having trouble creating duplicate contacts from some existing contacts, I haven’t figured out why certain contacts don’t duplicate. I’ve had this problem for several years but have just ignored it. The error message was “Contact No Longer Exists.” But now that I upgraded to ACT 2011  I just get a blank contact form. When entering a brand new contact I can duplicate it as many times as I need with no problems.  I am running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Problems duplicating certain contacts in 2011 Premium

This occurs when you have selected a limited access record for duplication and it is not the only record in the current lookup. this is a reported bug. The work around is to look up just that record and duplicate it.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

Rosevear,

I tried duplicating company lookup and from contact name lookup, same results, a blank record. All my records are public, I have never used Limited Access for Access Level.

I have a similar problem duplicating contacts on Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1. I am running a remote database that I sync with the mother ship twice a day. When I duplicate a contact the new screen has blank fields and an empty record is created. It doesn't work at all for me.

Copper Elite Contributor

Will it work in the ACT! Demo Database, or a brand new database?

Trying to isolate if this is a database specific issue.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Copper Contributor

I have the same problem - blank contact page.  It does not happen in the demo database - that one works.  It used to work fine with all previous versions of ACT!.  I am running ACT  Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, hot fix 4 on WinXP.  It will put up a blank record.  One of my fields is required so it will not let me leave until I put something in that field.  Once I do, it puts up the message about restoring all lookup if I want to continue working with that record.  When it restores, there is no "blank" record with my one field in it.  Just existing contacts as before.  It does not work with duplicate data from all fields; it does work with duplicate data from primary fields.

JM
Nickel Contributor

After trying all suggestions like ACTDIAG, looking at field length the post with a comment about the Phone field and what Country code he had helped me. I found out I created new contact records when importing from TXT/Excel file that did not have for each record a COUNTRY field value. After looking for all empty data in country field and replace with United States I was GOLDEN!!

JM

Copper Contributor

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

I have the same problem. I'll do a lookup which may or may not yield one result (sometimes there's more). I go to duplicate all fields and then the new contact is created, but all fields are blank. The only way to stop this from happening is to log out of ACT and log back in. I don't work with limited access/private contacts either so I have no idea why this happens. It never did with previous versions.