Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems changing "Main Database Location" on remote copy of database

Problems changing "Main Database Location" on remote copy of database

Hi there,

Today, we have migrated our ACT database from one server toanother. The migration process went well and the database is working fine onthe new machine. We have a few users who have remote copies of the database on laptops,and we have advised these users to go into the Synchronisation Panel and changethe Main Database Location from the old server to the new one.  However, some users have reported that thisoption is greyed out. My initial thought was that this was an account typeproblem ie they are standard users and do not have permission to make thischange. I would be very grateful if somebody could confirm that this is causingmy issue or is it something more sinister?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems changing "Main Database Location" on remote copy of database

Silver Contributor

Under Tools, manage users, the is an option to allow remote administration. If this is not set up, the option will be greyed out.  You can however, log in as an administor, sync their database and then change this setting for future use.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi there,

Yes, I followed that knowledge base article word for word. I am not currently in reach of our ACT system so cannot comment if the affected accounts have restricted access, but I would be suprised.

Thanks

Matt